Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sambo

I had forgotten about a meeting/lecture at school today, so a co-worker and fellow architecture student and I went down to the university to hear what our prof had to say. As I entered the school - for the first time since early May - I felt a sense of anxiety. Very real anxiety. But anxiety is nothing new to me. I suppose I just realized that the new schoolyear is coming upon us quickly. But then, I'm a fortunate one. There were people still up in studio working on their projects from last semester. It is very late June. School ended two months ago!

The lecture was really good. It sort of reminded me why I am doing what I'm doing, and to hear it from a different but related and very interesting perspective was great. Part of what made the lecture good was that it validated some of my own interests (it's rare that architects even pay attention to rural issues or rural architecture).

Coincidentally, I went to the library after work yesterday and got a library card. I picked up two books - one about Canadian architecture, and one about Rural Studio. If you're reading this blog, you probably already know about Rural Studio, but if you don't, then you owe it to yourself to find out more about it. Essentially, Rural Studio is doing what I feel I ought to be doing when all is said and done.

Go to Rural Studio's website.

No comments: